For an all-American Christmas accent, add a little red, white and blue Christmas spirit with Satin Glazes and French Dimensions paints on the Duncan® Oh Four™ Provence dinner plate. Add your own creative doodle accents to the big guy himself and he’ll know that you’ve been good, for goodness sake!
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Enlarge Santa pattern to fit plate. Trace Santa without the doodle words onto tracing paper.
- Lay graphite paper on plate with tracings on top and pencil over to transfer Santa to plate.
- Using No. 8 Round, paint three coats Rose Petal on face (not eyes). Let dry between coats.
- Use Glaze brush to paint three coats White on the whiskers, beard, eyebrows, hair and rim of hat and background. Let dry between coats.
- Using No. 8 Round, paint the pupils with two coats of Ice Blue and two coats of White to whites of eyes.
- Using No. 8 Round, mix a small touch of Neon Red into the Rose Petal and brush on the cheeks, lips and end of nose.
- Paint three coats Neon Red on Santa’s hat. Let dry between coats.
- With pencil, transfer to plate doodles, trees and “It’s Christmas” with pattern and graphite paper; unless free handing, then create own words and doodles.
- Using No. 8 Round, paint two coats Neon Red to the holly berries, leaving a small white spot for highlight. Let dry between coats.
- Paint Christmas trees and holly leaves with two coats Christmas Green. Let dry between coats.
- Test the flow of French Dimensions™ colors on a paper towel. Note: If color is too thick, add a few drops of Thin ‘n Shade and mix with a craft stick and test product again.
- Using French Dimensions colors, refer to photo and write Jingle Bells and anything you wish. This is a Christmas “doodle” project, be creative! Let dry.
- Use French Really Red to write “Ho Ho Ho” on the hat brim then outline with French Kiwi. Use Black to outline Christmas trees, holly leaves, Santa’s hat, facial features, whiskers, eyebrows, beard and hair. Continue drawing doodles with all the French Dimensions colors. Let dry.
- Dip the flat end of a pencil eraser into Neon Red and Christmas Green and make dots around the rim.
- Brush three coats of White to back of plate. Let dry between coats.
- Stilt plate and fire to witness cone 06.