Capture the beauty of a desert sunset for your home décor with the perfect partnership of Crystals™ Glazes from the new Earth and Sky Series and Concepts® Underglazes! This Duncan Oh Four™ Freeform Vase colored in rich earth tones will bring vibrance to any room in your house.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to remove any dust or particles.
2. Pour puddles of each Concepts® Underglaze onto foil. Using the No. 6 Round or the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush as needed, apply three coats of each color onto designated areas of vase, blending each color into the adjacent color and letting dry between each coat:
· Light Saffron: upper portion of vase, including inside and outside, leaving some area at top for the Crystals™ Glaze
· Really Red: just below and blending up into the Light Saffron around the outside center of vase, as well as inside the vase and up the neck
· Bright Briarwood: below the Really Red on the outside of the vase, leaving some area at very bottom for the Crystals™ Glaze
3. Using No. 6 Round brush, apply three coats of Solar Flares to the inside and outside upper portion of the vase, blending the color and crystals into the Light Saffron and into the Really Red in some areas. Let dry between each coat.
4. Using the No. 6 Round brush, apply three coats of Ancient Woodland to the very bottom and up into the lower portion of the vase, blending into the Bright Briarwood. Let dry between each coat.
5. Use the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush to apply one coat of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze to the Concepts® Underglaze sections of vase left uncovered by Crystals™ Glazes.
6. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.