Celebrate the Day of the Dead with your very own personal sugar skull dish. Add fun details with orange and black for a dish that’s sure to be quite the conversation piece for years to come.
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Trace pattern on tracing paper. Lay clay carbon paper between bisque and tracing and draw over lines to transfer design.
- Refer to pattern and paint in the orange areas with the Neon Orange. Let dry.
- Paint border around skull and center of nose and pupils in eyes with Black. Let dry.
- Refer to pattern and embellish with the French Dimensions French Papaya, Black Licorice and Pure White. Let dry well.
- Brush three coats Black to back of dish. Let dry.
- Stilt on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush a good coat of Pure Brilliance to front of plate and a light coat on back. Let dry.
- Stilt and re-fire to cone 06.