This adorable little guy is dressed up and ready for your creativity and warm beverage. Give him a colorful personality with Duncan® color and he’ll warm both your heart and your tummy.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Lightly with pencil draw large ovals around the incised pupil. Lightly draw another smaller circle around the incised eyeball. Sketch a bowtie under beak.
- Brush 2-3 coats of Light Aqua in outer eye and same number of coats of Bright Aqua around incised pupil. Let dry. Brush a heavy coat of Black inside pupil.
- Brush three coats of Bright Saffron on beak and feet. Let dry.
- Brush three coats of Really Red to bowtie. Let dry.
- Use Liner brush to paint inside pupil with Black and line around eyes, eyebrows and beak. Paint a solid coat of Black to toenails. Let dry.
- Brush inside and remainder of mug, including handles with 2-3 coats Black. Let dry.
- Stilt mug on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush a coat of Pure Brilliance to white areas of penguin. Let dry. Brush a second coat over entire penguin. Let dry.
- Stilt and re-fire penguin mug to cone 06.