Dare to be square! You’ll love dishing up your delightful cuisine on the Duncan Oh Four™ Square Dinner Collection enhanced with Concepts® Underglazes! For a softer look, add flowing floral designs to each piece for an elegant contrast to the simple, straight edges.
- Wipe all ware with dampened sponge to remove dust.
- Enlarge patterns to twice the normal size in order to fit ware.
- One at a time, place graphite paper on piece and pattern over the top. Trace over design with a pencil to transfer onto bisque. Refer to photo for design placement.
- *Note: If using Mask ‘n Peel®, clean the No. 4 Liner brush with AS 952 Brush Cleaner. Dip into Mask ‘n Peel® and brush over pattern lines. Let dry.
- If not using Mask ‘n Peel®, use No. 4 Liner brush to cut around the designs when painting.
- When painting the Charger, Large Bowl and Salad Plate, first paint three coats of the color shown into the design and letting dry after each coat. Follow with three coats of the Black on the background, letting dry between coats. Note: If using Mask ‘n Peel®, peel dried product off of bisque before painting in Black.
- When painting the Dinner Plate, Collection Platter and Small Bowl, first paint three coats of the colored background shown for each piece, letting dry between coats. Let dry and paint three coats of Black in the designs.
- Dip plates and bowls into Pure Brilliance™ Clear Dipping Glaze. Let dry and fire to shelf cone 06.
- If brushing Pure Brilliance™ onto pieces, carefully brush lightly over areas where black may bleed into adjoining color. You can also fire the bisque at shelf cone 06 without the glaze to set the colors. Then brush on Pure Brilliance™ with a Fan Glaze brush and re-fire at cone 06.