Turn your little white butterfly into a colorfly! Creating marbleized effects on bisque is easy with a few drops of acrylic paint and some shaving cream.
1. Wipe box and lid with damp sponge to remove any dust.
2. Tape the piece of printer paper down on workspace.
3. Lay lid of butterfly box on paper and trace onto paper.
4. Squirt shaving cream on paper within the traced shape borders, approximately 1½“- 2” high.
5. Squeeze puddles of the various paint colors in any fashion on top of the shaving cream.
6. Use stylus or sharp-pointed tool to draw lines in various directions through paint colors to marbleize shaving cream. When satisfied with pattern, carefully lay butterfly lid on shaving cream, pressing gently.
7. Lift lid straight up and immediately run tap water over to wash off the shaving cream. Do not scrub or wipe with hands. You will see the pattern emerge immediately. Lay aside on paper towel to dry.
8. You may press the sides of the bottom part of the box in marbleized shaving cream, gently lifting and repeating until they too are covered. Rinse off and dry.
9. Brush a solid coat of Bright Blue (or color of choice) onto inside of box, under lid and base. Paint butterfly body as well if desired. Let dry.