This Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque Contempo Mug will bring your hot cup of joe to life in the mornings! Decorate it with the wide array of Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque & Majolica colors just waiting to help you get going.
- Wipe ware with damp silk sponge to remove any dust. Clean sponge thoroughly for later use.
- Place a puddle of Light Taupe onto foil. Tap slightly dampened sea wool sponge into Light Taupe. Tap excess onto foil. Lightly sponge entire piece to create a stippled look.
- Place a small amount of Dark Black onto foil. Tap toothbrush into Dark Black. Create a random pattern of small splatters over entire piece by flicking toothbrush bristles with your fingers. Let dry.
- Trace designs onto mug, using clay carbon paper and pencil.
- Apply 3 coats of each designated colors to the following areas, using either No. 1 Liner or No. 6 Round brush where appropriate. Let dry after each coat. Bright Straw to top half of skull, allowing color to end halfway down, staggering ending line. Fill in lower portion of the skull with Bright Kiwi and the very bottom with Dark Kiwi, feathering color just over layers. Fill in inner flower circle with Bright Delft and outer petals with Light Grape.
- Using the No. 1 Liner brush, apply 3 coats of the following colors. Let dry after each coat. Dark Black to eye and nose holes. Really Red to lips. Fill in small rainbow stripes at hand with Bright Kiwi.
- Outline and detail skull, flower and hand with Black Licorice. Let dry.
- Thin an amount of Clear Brush-On Glaze with a small amount of water. Pour thinned glaze into mug and roll mixture around to coat inside. Pour out excess glaze.
- Sponge on 2 coats of Clear Brush-On Glaze to entire outside of mug, using slightly damp silk sponge. Let dry between coats.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.