The good, the bad, the oh, so rockin’! The expressive Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque & Majolica colors will bowl you over on this Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque Contempo Bowl!
2. Place a puddle of Light Taupe onto foil. Tap slightly dampened sea wool sponge into Light Taupe. Tap excess onto foil. Lightly sponge entire piece to create a stippled look.
3. Place a small amount of Dark Black onto foil. Tap toothbrush into Dark Black. Create a random pattern of small splatters over entire piece by flicking toothbrush bristles with your fingers.
4. Trace designs onto bowl, using clay carbon paper and pencil.
5. Apply 3 coats of each designated colors to the following areas, using either No. 1 Liner or No. 6 Round brush where appropriate. Let dry after each coat. Apply Bright Straw to top half of each letter, allowing color to end halfway down letter, staggering ending line. Fill in lower portion of GOOD letters with Bright Kiwi and BAD letters with Really Red, feathering color off just over Bright Straw layers. Fill in alternating stripes with Light Grape and Bright Delft.
6. Using No. 1 Liner brush, fill in scroll with Bright Kiwi and zigzag with Bright Straw.
7. Outline words, stripes and YOU ROCK, using Black Licorice. Let dry thoroughly.
8. Thin an amount of Clear Brush-On Glaze with a small amount of water. Pour thinned glaze into bowl and roll mixture around to coat inside. Pour out excess glaze.
9. Sponge on 2 coats of Clear Brush-On Glaze to entire outside of bowl, using slightly damp silk sponge. Let dry between coats.
10. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.