Smooth and contemporary, this pitcher gets its playful verve with an infusion of bright colors from Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque & Majolica.
- Wipe ware with damp silk sponge to remove any dust.
- Place a puddle of Light Taupe onto foil. Tap slightly dampened sea wool sponge into Light Taupe. Tap excess onto foil. Lightly sponge entire piece to create a stippled look.
- Place a small amount of Dark Black onto foil. Tap toothbrush into Dark Black. Create a random pattern of small splatters over entire piece by flicking toothbrush bristles with your fingers.
- Trace designs onto pitcher, using clay carbon paper and pencil.
- Apply 3 flowing coats of Light Grape to upper portion of each letter, allowing color to end halfway down letter and staggering ending lines, using either No. 1 Liner or No. 6 Round. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply 3 coats of Bright Delft to lower portion of letters, blending into Light Grape portion for a shaded look. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply 3 coats of Really Red to heart, drops below heart and to lips, using No. 1 Liner. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply 3 coats of Bright Straw to wings. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply 3 coats of Bright Straw to upper half of arrow and 3 coats of Bright Kiwi to lower half, using No. 1 Liner. Let dry between coats.
- Apply 3 coats of Dark Kiwi to peace sign, using No. 1 Liner. Let dry between coats.
- Outline words, arrow and wings, using Black Licorice. Outline heart, drops and words, using French Really Red. Let dry thoroughly.
- Thin an amount of Clear Brush-On Glaze with a small amount of water. Pour thinned glaze into pitcher. Roll mixture around to coat inside. Pour out excess glaze.
- Sponge on 2 coats of Clear Brush-On Glaze to entire outside of pitcher, using silk sponge. Let dry between coats.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.