This concept was inspired by the beautiful Earthworks Pottery in sunny Barbados.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
Before you begin, wipe a damp sponge over entire bisque to remove dust and contaminants.
1. Apply 3 coats of CY117 Sand to front and back of platter. Be sure to do this first! Once you start adding chips you won't be able to flip the plate over.
2. Transfer design with template on to platter.
3. Paint 1 heavy coat of AG404 Winter Fog to both fish (detailed lines to be added after)
4. Begin adding Color Burst Crystal Chips to mosaic background with CR885 Poppin’ Papaya, CR878 Orange Burst & CR886 Espresso Beans. Use a paint brush to apply a dab of paint, use tweezers to place Crystal Chip to adhere to wet glaze. Space chips about 1/8"- 1/4" apart.
5. Once fish are dried, transfer or fill in outline details to both fish. Trace over details with French Dimensions. FD265 French Yellow for the first fish, FD 271 French Kiwi for the second fish.
6. Begin adding Color Burst Crystal Chips using the same method to the wave design with CR877 Blue Surge, CR883 Duncan Dots, CR876 White Hot, CR884 Mint Blizzard, CR880 Yellow Burst and CR885 Poppin’ Papaya. Be sure to pay attention to using darker chip colours along the edge of the wave to differentiate between the wave and background colours.
Color Burst Mosaic Technique Video