Make this adorable Duncan® Oh Four™ Flower Trinket Box an instant classic with black and white colors from Concepts® Underglazes! Add a little glitz with Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ for a box that’s just as much of a treasure as the keepsakes inside it.
- Cover work surface with paper towels. Wipe box and lid with dampened sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour a puddle of Really White on a sheet of foil or paint palette. Using Glaze Brush, brush three coats of Really White onto underside of lid, letting dry between coats. Note: Leave inside of lid unpainted, as clear glaze will be added later.
- Use the No. 8 Round to paint three coats of Really White on sides and top of lid, avoiding center sections of petals. Let dry between each coat.
- Pour a puddle of Dark Black on another piece of foil and use the Glaze Brush to paint three coats of Dark Black on sides and inside of box, letting dry between coats. Repeat on bottom of box. Let dry.
- Use the No. 8 Round to paint flower petal centers with three coats of Dark Black, letting dry between coats. Let dry.
- Dip back end of No. 8 Round into Dark Black and make dots on sides and top of lid. Wipe brush end and dip into Really White then make dots on the sides of the box. Let dry.
- Carefully pour needed amount of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze into the hole on underside of lid and roll around to coat. Let drain and wipe off excess drips. Apply one coat of Pure Brilliance™ to box and lid. Let dry. Dilute Pure Brilliance™ with water to a milky consistency in a paper cup then brush onto box and lid. Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.
- Once box has been fired and has cooled, apply Liquid Fusion™ to center of lid. Using a crayon to pick up crystals one by one and add to glue in center, creating a shiny cluster. (To pick up crystals with crayon, simply touch tip of crayon to top of crystal; the wax from the crayon will hold the crystal long enough to transfer to glue.)
- Add glue and crystals randomly around lid and base of box. Let dry.