You’ll always want to make time for tea when you have a set this lovely! A satiny black and white backdrop helps pink flowers pop with personality on this classically beautiful tea set.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Following the pattern, use a pencil to lightly mark off the scalloped design around center of teapot.
3. Cover the hole of spout with a piece of painter’s tape. Pour some Pure Brilliance into teapot and roll around to coat entire inside. Remove tape and pour out remaining glaze into the plastic bowl through the spout. Set aside to dry.
4. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto underside of lid, leaving rim unpainted. Let dry.
5. Brush three coats of Satin Glazes Black onto top of lid and underside of rim. Let dry and set aside.
6. Brush three coats of Satin Glazes White onto the top half of teapot above the scalloped design. Let dry.
7. Brush three coats of Black on spout, handle, and bottom half of teapot as shown. Let dry.
8. Using the tip of the No. 4 Round, paint small flowers above the scalloped points with Cinderella Pink and Passion Red accents. Use the No. 1 Liner to pull in two leaves under the flowers with Leaf Green. Let dry.
9. Lightly pencil in the scalloped rim around center of teacup. Brush three coats of Satin Glazes White onto inside and upper half of cup. Let dry.
10. Brush three coats of Satin Glazes Black onto lower section of teacup, handle and base. Let dry.
11. Paint small flowers over the scalloped points as done with teapot.
12. Lightly draw a 4” circle in center of plate.
13. Brush three coats of Satin Glazes Black onto section outside 4” circle. Let dry.
14. Use the No. 4 Round to paint a flower in the center of saucer using Cinderella Pink for petals, Passion Red for accents and Black for dots in center of flower. Brush in leaves with Leaf Green. Let dry.
15. Stilt in kiln and fire to cone 06.