Whether you’re serving up some popcorn or storing your stash of lemons, do it in ultra chic style. Covered in black and white chevron stripes, the Duncan® Oh Four® Popcorn Bowl is as striking as it is functional.
1. Wipe ware with a damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. To transfer chevron pattern onto bowl, place clay carbon paper on bowl with pattern on top. Pencil over pattern lines. Repeat around bowl.
3. Tape off chevron pattern lines for sharp, clean edges. Press tape edges firmly to prevent color seepage.
4. Use the No. 10 Round to brush three coats of Black onto chevron designs within tape. Let dry.
5. Dryfoot in kiln and fire to cone 06. Hint: Firing the black before applying clear glaze sets color and prevents possible smearing of color.
6. Once fired and cooled, wipe down bowl with a dampened sponge to clean off any debris. Roll some Pure Brilliance inside bowl, coating entire inside, and pour out any excess.
7. Use the Fan Glaze to brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto outside and bottom of bowl. Let dry completely.
8. Stilt in kiln and fire to cone 06.