Specifically selected for their serene effects, the rich blue, green and ivory hues in this project will take you on an oceanic retreat without ever leaving home!
2. Shake jar of Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze. Place a strip of tape over spout opening then pour some Pure Brillance® into the teapot and roll around, making sure entire inside is coated. Remove tape from spout and pour out remaining glaze into a clean container. Wipe away any drips with a damp sponge.
3. Pour small amount of Pure Brilliance® inside topper then roll around and drain. Wipe away any drips with a damp sponge. Let dry.
4. Place graphite paper onto teapot then place pattern over the top. Trace over pattern with pencil to transfer design onto ware. Repeat on other side of teapot.
5. Using the No. 10 Round, paint topper with three coats of Ivory. Let dry.
6. Use the No. 4 Liner to carefully paint three coats of Ivory around the design lines, butting the color right up next to designs.
7. Using the No. 10 Round or the No. 4 Liner as needed, brush three coats of Ivory onto the remaining open background areas on upper half of teapot. Refer to photo.
8. Paint outer petals of large flower with three coats of Light Sapphire.
9. Use the No. 4 Liner to paint centers of large petals with three coats of Bright Sapphire.
10. Paint outer vines and edges of leaves with three coats of Light Ivy, using the No. 4 Liner.
11. Pint three coats of Dark Ivy in the center vein areas of leaves as shown.
12. Paint buds at the ends of vines with three coats of Dark Caribbean, adding Ivory to the tops of buds on the lower portion of teapot as shown.
13. Use No. 4 Liner to paint three coats of Dark Sapphire around the flower, vines and leaves, carefully butting color up against the designs.
14. Paint the remaining background areas on lower portion of teapot with three coats of Dark Sapphire. Let dry completely.
15. Using Fan Glaze brush, carefully brush one coat of Pure Brilliance® onto topper and entire teapot. Let dry.
16. Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06.