Fall is in the air, and it’s time to start harvesting some festive décor! This owl bank dressed in rich autumn colors with bohemian flair is the perfect accessory for any room in the house.
1. Wipe ware with a damp sponge to remove any bisque dust. Remove rubber stopper at bottom of owl bank.
2. On palette, use your Palette Knife to mix some Neon Yellow into White. Brush three coats onto the chest area and the base. Let dry.
3. Mix some Neon Green with Neon Orange and brush three coats onto head, wings and back of owl. Let dry.
4. Add a small amount of Neon Orange to the Neon Yellow and brush three coats onto irises, beak and feet. Let dry.
5. Using the No. 1 Liner, paint pupils and toenails with two coats of Black.
6. Load the No. 1 Liner with Neon Red and paint in the feather indentations on the chest area.
7. Brush three coats of Neon Blue in the scalloped design around the eyes.
8. Dip a Sponge Pouncer in Neon Yellow and lightly press onto center of owl’s forehead. Dip eraser end of pencil in Neon Red and around the large Neon Yellow circle as shown.
9. Repeat the design twice on the owl’s back.
10. Continue making floral designs on back of owl using Neon Red and pencil eraser for center dot and smaller dots of Black around Neon Red dot, created with brush handle.
11. Dip toothbrush or stiff brush in Black and flick bristles with finger to spatter over owl. Let dry completely.
12. Stilt and fire to cone 06.