Crown yourself the queen of creativity with a blue jean accent that never fades. Turn the Duncan® Oh Four™ Square Dinner Plate into the hippest thing you’ve ever seen with Designer Glazes™ and royally cool accents from French Dimensions™.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Trace crown, label and tab pattern onto clear shelf paper (shiny side up).
- Cut out images with craft knife. Position on plate (refer to photo), peel backing from each cutout then stick to plate. Note: pocket pattern will be used in a later step.
- Using No. 6 Fan Glaze, apply three coats of Distressed Denim over plate. Let dry between coats.
- Remove stencils and brush off excess chips of paint. Cut out pocket pattern and position on plate over the crown design. With pencil, lightly draw a line around the pocket.
- Using the No. 4 Liner, brush three coats of Crimson Chenille on the crown, the small tab on the top right of pocket and the circle and stripe in larger label on the upper left area of plate. Let dry between coats.
- Draw light line with pencil for belt tabs and seams. Refer to photo.
- If desired, paint a fine line of Black under the two upper belt tabs and along the pocket opening and float color to create shadows.
- Use Pure White French Dimensions to create dots around crown and dashed lines around label. Let dry then create circles and dots near base of crown with Black Licorice. Use French Straw to simulate gems on crown. Let dry.
- Using French Straw, squeeze short dashed lines to simulate stitches along seams and to make two larger dots on both upper corners of pockets to simulate metal rivets. Refer to photo.
- Use Black Licorice to make squiggle lines in label, or create own label as desired.
- Turn plate over to backside and apply two coats of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze. Let dry between coats.
- Stilt plate and fire to witness cone 06.