Put your creativity to the test with this inkblot inspired artistic design! A simple Duncan® Oh Four™ Bisque Square Dinner Plate serves as the backdrop for the Rorschach design center framed with pops of color from Crystals™ Glazes. Now this is a test you’ll pass with flying colors!
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust
- Place graphite paper centered on plate with pattern on top. Use pencil to trace over design to transfer to plate.
- Use the No. 4 Liner to brush three coats of Bright Grey and Dark Scarlet in the Rorschach design in center of plate. Refer to photo. Let dry between coats.
- Use the Palette Knife to gently mix the top three quarters of color in the Sailor’s Delight jar, making sure not to disturb large crystals on the bottom. Pour some into a paper cup for use. Use the No. 8 Round to apply two coats of Sailor’s Delight onto the rim of the plate, letting dry between coats. Before applying the third and final coat, thoroughly mix in crystals sitting at bottom of jar and add to paper cup. Generously apply crystals onto rim of plate for the third coat.
- Using No. 6 Fan Glaze brush, carefully apply one good coat of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze over the center of plate but avoiding the rim. Let dry.
- Turn plate over and apply two generous coats of Pure Brilliance™ on back of plate. Let dry between coats.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.