You’ll be proud as a peacock after you create this colorful plume on the Duncan® Oh Four® Snack Tray. The colors from Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes help you strut your creative stuff to make this serving piece that’s sure to be the center of attention.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Lightly with pencil, draw a semi circle at bottom of tray roughly 3” wide. Follow with two more arcs above that about the same width, creating a “rainbow” effect. Refer to photo.
3. Pour puddles of Light Kiwi, Bright Butternut, Bright Caribbean and Dark Delft on palette.
4. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply a coat of Light Kiwi on top area of tray in an arc shape (refer to picture). Brush lightly into the space below.
5. While above coat is a little damp, brush a coat of Bright Butternut below the green and pull bristles of brush upward to blend into the Light Kiwi.
6. Paint a coat of Bright Caribbean in the next arc shape below fanning brush lightly into the Bright Butternut to blend.
7. Paint Dark Delft in the remaining area below and lightly blend into the color above. Let dry.
8. Repeat steps for the second and third coats letting dry between applications.
9. While plate feels dry to the touch, yet remains damp inside, lightly freehand a vertical line down center of design with pencil. Next draw wavy lines on each side to create a feather look. *Use optional ruler if desired to help guide exact placement. Refer to photo.
10. Use sgraffito tool to follow pencil marks and carve design. Brush off excess paint chips. Let tray completely dry.
11. Use Fan Glaze to brush a light coat of Pure Brilliance to tray. Let dry. Brush two coats to the back. Let dry.
12. Stilt and fire to cone 06.