Use Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque in unique ways and to create a whimsical piece and let Concepts® brilliant colors bring it to life.
- Drill seven holes ½” apart along one side of snack tray, using Dremel tool. Drill a hole into each chopstick holder.
- Wipe all ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Trace stars, mittens, belt, and beard patterns onto shelf paper, using clay carbon and pencil. Cut out. Remove backing from one piece at a time. Smooth each piece onto appropriate area, running fingernail around edges to ensure a tight seal.
- Apply tape to create lines on Bud Vases, and Asian Chopstick Holders. Adhere labels onto one Bud Vase and onto Snack Tray to create buttons on shirt. Draw circles on Chopstick Holders.
- Pour a separate puddle of each color onto foil. Apply 3 coats of Neon Red to Bud Vases, Santa’s shirt, using Fan Glaze, Liner and Round brushes. Apply Neon Blue to remaining mittens, some Chopstick Holders. Let dry after each coat. While last coat is still slightly damp, lift one corner of shelf paper, labels and masking tape with straight pin and remove.
- Apply 3 coats of Neon Green to lines on two Bud Vases and some Chopstick Holders, leaving indented line blank. Apply 3 coats of Black to Santa's belt.
- Use the “Drop and Fill” technique to fill circles and small stars with color. Fully load No. 1 Liner brush with color until it appears to almost drip off tip of brush. Gently drop color into center of each star and circle, except circles on Santa’s shirt and buckle. Use tip of brush to move color toward outer edges. Reload brush as necessary. Color will appear to be very heavy. Try to keep color even in application. Apply a second coat if color seems too thin.
- Apply 3 coats of Really White onto fur at bottom of tray, using sponge. Let dry after each coat. Add swirls, using Light Wine, Light Aqua and No. 1 Liner brush. Let dry.
- Trace letters onto Chopstick Holders using clay carbon and pencil. Outline and detail pieces and add dots with Really White and Neon Blue. Let dry.
- Apply 2 coats of Clear Glaze to completely cover each piece, using Fan Glaze brush. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt and fire separately to shelf cone 06.
- Apply 1 coat of Premium Gold to buttons and belt buckle on Snack Tray using clean No. 1 Liner brush. Let dry. Clean brush, using Essence.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 019.
- Thread wire through hole on each Chopstick Holder and attach to Snack Tray.
- Apply 7800 All-Purpose Adhesive to top of each Bud Vase. Set tray onto Vases, like a tabletop. Let dry 24 hours.