You don’t have to travel to a museum to gaze at a work of art! Create this art nouveau inspired piece by layering luxurious colors from the Duncan® Designer Glazes® line then adding a touch of sgraffito for a piece that deserves the spotlight.
1. Wipe platter with a damp sponge to remove any dust.
2. Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply three coats of Cashmere Créme to entire platter. Let dry completely.
3. Place clay carbon paper on top of platter with pattern on top. Use a pencil to gently trace over pattern lines to transfer design onto platter.
4. Use the No. 1 Liner to paint the details of girls’ faces with three coats of Carbon Chiffon.
5. Use the No. 6 Round to fill in the hair and larger areas with three coats. While the third coat on each girl’s hair is still a little damp, use the Sgraffito-Duster to carve lines into the color, following the curvature of hair until you see the underlying color emerge. Brush away excess paint flakes.
6. Use the No. 1 Liner to brush three coats of Carbon Chiffon onto border. Let dry completely.
7. Stilt and fire to cone 06.