Whether you’re decorating for Fourth of July or you love a little all-American style, these mason jars are the perfect addition to your décor! Duncan® Satin Glazes® add a rustic charm with some patriotic flair.
1. Wipe jars with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Pour some Clear Satin into a paper cup and add some water to thin to a heavy cream consistency. Pour into mason jars and swirl and tilt around to coat entire inside with glaze. Pour out any excess and wipe away any drips.
3. Trace letters onto shelf paper and cut out.
4. Determine placement of letters on each jar so they will line up evenly when placed side-by-side. Remove backing from letters and press each letter onto a jar, pressing firmly around all edges to seal from color.
5. Brush three coats of Neon Red onto outside of “U” jar.
6. Brush three coats of Satin Clear onto “S” jar.
7. Brush three coats of Neon Blue onto “A” jar.
8. Remove all letter cutouts.
9. Use the No. 1 Liner to outline “S” with Neon Red, then fill in left side with Neon Red. Leave a space in center of “S” and paint the ride side Neon Blue, then fill in the center with Clear.
10. Use back end of paintbrush to dab Neon Blue and Neon Red dots around the white “S” jar.
11. Brush two coats of Clear onto the “U” and “A.” Let dry completely.
12. Stilt jars and fire to cone 06.