Bring a touch of Tuscany to your home décor collection! Antique the Duncan® Oh Four™ Tuscan Vase with E-Z Stroke™ Translucent Underglazes painted over gauze for a stunning Old Country effect.
- Wipe vase with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour a puddle of Sierra Brown on a piece of foil. Dip Glaze brush into water and mix into the paint to dilute to a watercolor consistency.
- Brush diluted paint over vase and lid. Let dry.
- Place carbon paper on vase and grape pattern on top of carbon paper, then trace over pattern with pencil to transfer design onto vase.
- Dip gauze into water and wring out. Wrap damp gauze snugly around vase and over the transferred pattern. (Pattern will show through the gauze.)
- Pour a small puddle of Concord Grape onto a clean piece of foil. Paint grapes right over the gauze using the No. 6 Round, leaving a small spot unpainted for highlight. Refer to photo.
- Add a small puddle of Cobalt Jet Black on foil and add a minimal amount to the Concord Grape to darken. Paint over the smaller grapes in the background of bunch.
- Pour small puddles of Olive and Grass Green on foil and paint leaves Olive. Add a tiny amount of Cobalt Jet Black to the Grass Green to darken and brush in shading under the folded leaves. Refer to photo. Detail veining with a Cobalt Jet Black and Green mixture, using the No. 1 Liner.
- Use No. 1 Liner to paint in stems with Medium Mahogany.
- On another piece of foil, pour puddles of Roasted Chestnut and little more Medium Mahogany. Add water to each to create a wash consistency.
- Using the Fan Glaze brush, brush watered down Roasted Chestnut and Medium Mahogany lightly and randomly around grapes and over areas on back a to create a rustic appearance.
- Use sponge to dab the brown shades onto handles of vase and lid.
- Remove gauze. Paint a small “crack” on back of vase if desired using Cobalt Jet Black and No. 1 Liner. Let dry.
- Fire to cone 06 to set colors. Let cool.
- Pour needed amount of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze into a paper cup then dilute with water to a milky consistency and pour into vase. Roll glaze around, completely coating inside then drain back into cup. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply one coat to vase and lid. Let dry then apply a second coat. Let dry and fire to cone 06.