Take your taste buds on a bizarre journey with a dish set inspired by filmmaker Tim Burton’s distinct style! Perfect for Halloween festivities, the Duncan® Oh Four® Geometrix Collection is the perfect backdrop for ultra abstract, seriously spooky creativity.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Place clay carbon paper on plate with pattern on top. Trace over pattern lines to transfer design onto plate.
3. Use the No. 6 Round to brush three coats of Light Kiwi onto one of the spiral designs on plate.
4. Brush three coats of Black onto the remaining spiral and backside of plate.
5. Load the No. 8 Round with Bright Tangerine and paint an irregular shaped circle on top center of plate. Let dry and add two more coats.
6. Repeat with Dark Straw around and to the side of the Bright Tangerine circle and create a splotch of Light Kiwi on bottom corner area of plate as shown.
7. Brush three coats of Bright Grey onto remaining areas on front of plate and backside. Let dry then add random splotches of Black on front of plate using the No. 6 Round.
8. Create two black eyes in center of Bright Tangerine circle.
9. Fill Precision Decorator squeeze bottle with some Bright Tangerine. Squeeze irregular lines of color extending from jack-o-lantern design to create drip effects as shown. Clean bottle and repeat with Light Kiwi, creating drip lines extending upward from the Light Kiwi splotch toward jack-o-lantern design.
10. Clean bottle and fill with Black. Draw a line for pumpkin mouth then create stitch designs across mouth as shown. Create drip lines extending from the Black splotches. Let dry.
11. Dip old toothbrush in Black and run finger across bristles to create spatters on plate.
SMALL OCTOGON PLATE:
12. Referring to photo, create a Bright Tangerine circle in center of plate, making the edges slightly jagged and imperfect. Brush a jagged circle of Dark Straw around the Bright Tangerine circle. Fill in the remainder of plate with Bright Grey. Let dry and add two more coats of each color.
13. Brush three coats of Bright Grey onto back of plate.
14. Fill Precision Decorator with Dark Straw and squeeze out fine irregular lines extending from the Dark Straw section to the Bright Grey section. Repeat with Bright Tangerine extending from the center circle through the Dark Straw section.
15. Pour some Light Kiwi into a plastic cup and add a small amount of water and mix until a heavy cream consistency is achieved. Pour into mug and roll around, coating the entire inside with color. Pour out any excess color back into plastic cup and wipe away any drips on mug with a damp sponge.
16. Use pencil to lightly draw approximately 1” wide vertical stripes all the way around mug. Refer to photo.
17. Brush three coats of Black inside stripes. Let dry.
18. Draw two round circles on mug handle. Paint handle with three coats of Black, leaving the circles white. Make a small dot in center of circles.
19. Use the No. 6 Round to create two Bright Tangerine circles (on opposite sides) inside mug. Let dry and add two more coats.
20. Brush three coats of Black inside mug, painting around the Bright Tangerine circles.
21. On the outside of mug, create a Bright Tangerine circle on one of the corners on the opposite side of mug handle. Paint a Light Kiwi ring around the Bright Tangerine circle, then a Dark Straw ring around the Light Kiwi.
22. Paint remainder of mug with three coats of Bright Grey.
23. Use Precision Decorator to create varying lines of matching color extending from each section as shown.
24. Use the Precision Decorator to create stitch lines along mug handle. Let dry completely.
25. Brush a light coat of Pure Brilliance over each piece and let dry completely.
26. Stilt and fire to cone 06.