1. Lightly wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Place clay carbon paper on frame carbon side down and place pattern on top of carbon paper. Trace over pattern with pencil, transferring design onto frame.
3. Pour small puddles of Light Saffron and Light Kiwi onto a piece of foil. Use the No. 6 Round brush to slightly thin each color with water. Beginning with the Light Saffron, swish on some color around the center of the frame as shown, creating a watercolor-type wash in the background.
4. Repeat step with the Light Kiwi, completing the remainder of the background, leaving a few random spots without color and slightly overlapping the Light Saffron. Let dry, then repeat with more color around the top and bottom edges of the frame for a bit more color depth. Apply color to the background as well. Refer to photo.
5. Using either the No. 1 Liner or the No. 6 Round brushes as needed, fill in the following areas with three flowing coats, letting dry between each coat:
· Neon Red: centers of flower petals
· Neon Coral: pull strokes from the outer edge toward the Neon Red center of each petal
· Dark Kiwi: stems on flowers and leaves
· Dark Kiwi tipped in Light Kiwi: pull multi strokes for the leaves, reloading after each stroke
· Dark Black: center of the flower stamens and dots, lettering for “Believe” and slightly thinned to outline all flowers, leaves and stems
6. Dip the entire piece in Pure Brilliance™ Clear Dipping Glaze. Shake off excess glaze and touch up any missed areas after the glaze is dry.
7. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.