Whether you want to spread the message or just love the symbol, dish up a Plateful of Peace with Duncan Oh Four™ Coupe Dinner and Salad Plates and neon Envision™ Glazes. Hang them on your wall or use at the table for a super psychedelic statement!
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust or particles.
2. Cut or tear nine 11” strips of masking tape. Attach 3 strips to each plate to create a peace sign, pressing the tape firmly so it securely adheres to each plate. Trim off excess.
3. Spray the shaving cream onto the foil or pan, creating three circular mounds, each approximately the size of one of the plates. Using the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush, smooth each mound of shaving cream into a domed shape. Carefully dribble the glaze colors onto the shaving cream in the specific color combinations listed below:
a. Coupe Dinner Plate: Neon Yellow, Neon Green, Neon Red, Neon Blue and a small amount of Very Black.
b. Coupe Salad Plate A: Neon Red, Neon Blue and a small amount of Very Black.
c. Coupe Salad Plate B: Neon Blue, Neon Green and a small amount of Very Black.
4. Use No. 6 Round brush to swirl and marbleize the colors. Completing one plate at a time, dip each plate into its corresponding shaving cream mound with marbleized color combination, beginning at one edge of the mixture and smoothly rolling the piece to the other side. Note: Press each plate firmly into the marbleized shaving cream to make sure enough color will be transferred to the entire plate. Carefully lift the plate out of the cream. Check for areas on the plate that may be missing color. If necessary, dip the plate again into the shaving cream mixture, pressing it into spots that still contain marbleized color.
5. Working directly at the sink while the water is running, use your finger to gently wipe off the excess shaving cream and glaze from each plate. Note: Be extremely careful not to smear the base design! The marbleized swirl pattern should remain on the plate. Remove the masking tape and allow the plate to dry thoroughly.
6. Use the sponge to remove any excess color that may have gotten onto the back side.
7. Using No. 6 Round or No. 6 Fan Glaze brush, apply three flowing coats of Very Black to each peace sign on the front and brush onto the back sides of the three plates. Let dry completely between each coat.
8. Using the No. 6 Fan Glaze brush, brush two coats of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze over the marbleized glaze background on each plate.
9. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.