Like footprints in the sand, you’ll make an impression with this fun summer project! Take a favorite photo and use Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage™ to give it beach-front property on a Duncan® Oh Four™ Bisque plate enhanced with ocean-inspired colors from OS™ Opaque Acrylics.
- Wipe ware with damp potter’s sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Wet Flat Shader brush and dry with paper towel. Paint entire plate with one coat of Bisque White and let dry – a blow dryer will speed this step.
- Use pencil to lightly mark lines for sand and ocean.
- Sand: Use Flat Shader to paint Angel Flesh into area for sand. While paint is still wet, dip one corner of wet brush into Sable Brown and brush over sand area, creating shading as shown.
- Ocean and Sky: Use Flat Shader to paint section above sand with Baby Blue. While paint is still wet, dip corner of brush into Ultramarine and brush back and forth along top edge of ocean line and work downward toward sand, using less pressure on brush for a lighter application and letting colors blend together.
- Tap one end of round sponge into Baby Blue then pounce on ocean to create waves where shown. Without cleaning sponge, dip into Bisque White then tap on waves closer to shore.
- Use sponge and Bisque White to add a few clouds to sky. Dip No. 1 Liner into Bright Blue and add small “V” shapes for birds to sky where desired. Let dry.
- Use Flat Shader to paint back of plate with two coats of desired color. Let dry between coats.
- Trim photos as needed and determine position on plate. Use Flat Shader to apply an even coat of Collage Pauge to area on plate larger than black-and-white photo and then, working quickly, brush Collage Pauge on entire back of photo. Immediately press in place on plate and use finger to lightly press smooth, removing wrinkles or bubbles that may form. Brush a thin even coat of Collage Pauge over photo. Let dry. Repeat step with colored photo, overlapping black-and-white photo. Brush an even coat of Collage Pauge over entire surface of plate. Let dry.