Serve your favorite beverages in a pitcher covered with beautiful creativity! The Duncan® Oh Four® Everyday Pitcher makes the perfect backdrop for a bushel of apples delightfully decorated with Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes.
1. Wipe inside and outside of pitcher with dampened sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Place pattern on side of pitcher with clay carbon paper underneath. Use a pen to trace over the pattern lines to transfer design onto pitcher.
3. Pour a small puddle of Peacock Green on palette. Dilute with water to a light wash consistency and using the No. 8 Round, paint the background area behind apples and leaves in a very loose fashion, just enough to show color. Refer to photo. Let dry.
4. Pour puddles of Chartreuse and Leaf Green on palette.
5. Using the No. 8 Round, dilute Chartreuse to a watercolor consistency and use bold one stroke to brush color on apples, leaving a white spot for highlight.
6. Dip brush into Leaf Green and dilute as well. Make strokes on sides and bottom of apples to shade.
7. Brush diluted Leaf Green onto leaves. Brush undiluted Leaf Green down one side of leaves and centers to shade.
8. Use the No. 1 Liner brush to paint Ivy Green veins in leaves.
9. Pour a small puddle of French Brown on palette. Dilute a bit to soften and paint in branches using the No. 1 Liner. Use a less diluted shade of French Brown to paint in the fine shading on the branches.
10. Brush a fine line of the non-diluted French Brown behind the apples and bottom left leaf. Dampen brush and float some of this color into the Peacock Green background. Refer to photo.
11.Paint bottom centers of apples with French Brown, using the No. 1 Liner. Let dry completely.
12. Place pitcher directly on kiln shelf (dry foot) and fire to cone 06.
13. Pour some Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze into a paper cup and dilute with water to a heavy cream consistency, mixing with Palette Knife. Pour diluted glaze into pitcher and roll and swirl around, coating the entire inside with glaze. Pour any excess back into paper cup and wipe away any drips with a damp sponge.
14. Using the No. 6 Fan Glaze, brush two coats of Pure Brilliance® onto entire outside of pitcher, including the bottom. Let dry completely.
15. Stilt and fire to cone 06.